We want to enable more communities in Ireland to increase the number of remote workers, that is, people in full time employment the same as an office worker, just without the office.
To to that, we need access to new platforms and resources we previously haven’t had. We need to look more European than local. The jobs you see here aren’t on the highstreet, they have no Irish address, there was no jobs announcement. But yes, they hire here.
A lot of this is still new. Got corrections? let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
You need new job sites, sign up to a few different ones.
Sign up to Abodoo. You’re anonymous until you decide to proceed with a match, and if you’re in Ireland, all of these jobs are hiring remotely in Ireland specifically. They minimise the work you need to put in by only starting the process when you and the companies match. The average salary on Abodoo is 45k to 60k. It’s free and it really is your first stop.
Hop on over to Honest.Work, which is a new platform founded by Stevie Buckley this year. Here, all roles are shown to you with everything up front, some are remote, some not so, some are in the middle. It’s definitely worth checking in here if you’re looking at going remotely.
Check out Europe Remotely. As they say, a large portion of the remote jobs posted on regular job boards are intended only for US citizens or people living within US time zones. Europe Remotely is manually curated and contains only jobs from companies that are happy to work with developers living in Europe.
Subscribe to the Remoteur newsletter.
Follow Remote OK on Twitter or sign up here. This site is a spin off of the exceptionally brilliant and popular Nomad List. The downside for the Irish community is that you’ll need to figure out who is hiring here. The upside is that you can see the trends in remote working, and when companies are hiring remotely in Europe, Remote OK will be first up on their list.
Find a place to work with Tech Ireland
30% of respondents to this survey said lack of community was the biggest challenge to remote working. And those who aren’t working remotely? According to this Remote How Survey 62% of people don’t work remotely because they don’t know where to start. You can get that full e-book here.
We want to help that for our 200k+ current remote workers, those who nomads who will travel through, and those who will convert to remote working.
You can apply to become a ‘Chapter Leader’ of Grow Remote locally. Each chapter has it’s own projects, some organise meetups, others events, and others do promotional activities for their town.
Check out the companies who hire
The one thing central to a well functioning community is ‘the grapevine’. What are x like to work for really? Is Y’s business in trouble? Are salaries at z transparent? who is that small but exceptional company that you need in with now? For now, Glassdoor does that, so here are 3 companies hiring in Ireland with brilliant feedback.
- In Vision App gets a 4.7 on Glassdoor. Here’s a background on how they grew to 135 million from 16 different countries. Here are their roles. And we hear that there is already a nice cohort of In Vision App employees in Ireland already.
- Toptal get a 4.3 on Glassdoor. Their claim to fame is that their platform is the “fastest growing network of top talent and companies in the history of the Internet — connecting thousands of elite engineers all over the world with companies who want to utilize their skills on their most urgent initiatives”. This is how they built a $100 million business with no offices. They hire across a range of sectors for their own team, and you can see their available roles here.
- Auth0 has an astounding 5/5 on Glassdoor. They’re making the internet a safer place and you can join them in that journey. There are 74 jobs open in a full range of sectors from people to engineering. Get applying
- Zapier gets 4.8 on Glassdoor. They’ll pay you 10k to leave San Fran. Estimates say they’re at 3million per month in recurring revenue. They’re just back from a pretty cool retreat that they do twice per year, and have their own guide to remote working.
- NearForm aren’t on Glassdoor, but their thoughts on working remotely are here, and their talk at Grow Remote 2018 was big hit. NearForm are working to shape a better world with open, creative software – and they’d love you to join them.
- Shopify get a 4.1 for their worldwide operations on Glassdoor. The Irish team have been key drivers behind everything Grow Remote, and the Canadian e-commerce company hire in every county. Apply to join their team here.
- Scraping Hub gets a 4.1 and 94% of people who work there would recommend it to a friend. The company who help you extract data at scale quickly and effectively using open source technologies are in 34+ countries. Get applying to them now
- EnhanCV aren’t on Glassdoor but we know their Irish team and would happily work there. A focus on culture and allowing everyone to be themselves and grow, you can help people land jobs in Tesla, Google, Spotify and Facebook by applying here.
- Wayfair is a technology leader, reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Their latest roles can be seen here.
- What makes 10up a great place to work? Challenging projects, great clients, and a team that is truly better together. 10up has 17 roles currently open.
Are you hiring remotely in Ireland or want to? Let us know at email@example.com. We want to understand how our volunteer community can help you hire here.